Water restrictions and drought don’t have to leave you with a lifeless dried up landscape. You can revitalize your yard with a well-planned, sustainable Texas native landscape for a thriving and green outdoor space with year-round color and life without the standard upkeep and water requirements.
North Texas Native Landscaping
Native landscaping in tough North Texas conditions just makes sense, and it’s as simple as taking cues from what works in nature – working with the local climate, soil, and proven plants.
Going native holds a number of advantages over a conventional, builder-grade landscape.
- Reduced need for soil amendments and fertilizers simplify installation and maintenance
- Plants are virtually carefree – low water needs, fewer pests and disease
- Less mowing, fewer power tools, and less pruning
Eco-friendly & Sustainable
- Conserve water, cut chemical use, and improve air quality
- Provide habitat for butterflies, birds and other wildlife
- Preserve regional ecosystems for plants, animals, and future generations
- Enjoy one-of-a-kind naturalistic beauty, vibrant through heat and drought
- Grow food not lawns for more productive use of your green spaces
- Teach children about nature
Ready to plan your Native Landscape?
Dubberley Landscape is a Texas Natives pioneer in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. Our expertise is earth-friendly natives and well-adapted plants, including herbs and edibles. Contact Carrie Dubberley to discuss creating a water efficient North Texas native landscape to suit your needs.
Learn More About Native Landscaping
Read the Native Landscaping FAQ below and be sure to visit the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center website where you can explore natives and search the database for plants perfect for your own North Texas garden.
Carrie is available for lectures and seminars for your group or organization.
Native Landscapes and Rain Gardens
You can improve your native landscape’s water conservation by adding a rain garden to capture and hold rain on your property to help irrigate your native and well-adapted plants. Dubberley Landscape specializes in custom Rain Gardens and Stonework for your North Texas native landscape.